Friday 4 January 2013

FINDING THE RIGHT BALANCE.....





Yep, its that time of year when we all take stock of what has been and what may become.

For us in the land down under, this festive season coincides with our end of school year and the long hot holidays, a time where the weather forces you to slow down, it is just not the time to rush when temperatures soar.



And it is the time of year when my husband takes time off his 12 hours a day job and rediscovers the insides of his eyelids, the dog is optional but he makes sure the place is secure.

It is a time when I rediscover the pleasure of my husbands company  and try to imagine a time when he can retire and we can again be a couple.


A time to stick your toe in the water..... ( being ultra lazy and waiting for the tide to reach me) and re assess simple pleasures.



"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"


I hope to continue to blossom and watch my children do so as well, but this does not signal frantic over achieving but for me a slow and steady unfurling and before you know it something else has been achieved.

It is this philosophy that saw me do away with lists and promises, resolutions and musts.......now I am gentle on myself, a little here and there, a lot of what makes me smile and enables me to be true to myself.......no more "shoulds".....just "I would prefers" but if it is not to be then that is OK too.

I have met lovely bloggers here and continue to be inspired by their particular talents and energy, I hope to continue to use this blog to learn more about others and myself.

The best of the new year to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Susan, I think I need to aspire to your philosophy too. Love the dog napping accessory, he's soooo cute. Glad to see Hubby's enjoying his break too. Happy Stitching.
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words Susan, wishing you good things for 2013! :) x

    ReplyDelete