Thursday 1 January 2015

Hello There........Remember me?

Its a new year, its a new day.....
I think there was a song with those lyrics out there somewhere.....over the rainbow...way up high......
Yes I am being a tres bit silly but that I feel is my natural state, it balances the other side of me that can be very dour and serious. 

Well 2015 hey, here we are it seems. My son was watching "Back to the Future" and mentioned that in the 1980's...way back...they programmed 2015 into the delorean ...DeLorane, time car thingy and we were all in flying cars and really futuristic groovy. The more things change the more things stay the same. 
I have been around, but Instagram has ensnared me with its groovyness and I have been hanging out there a lot. There is a quick and easy way to snap and load a photo, whack on a filter and get some instant feedback.....whats not to love! But I still hung around with my blog favourites also, it freed me up so I could pour my craft into witty and pithy comments and I have been making some lovely connections. Thus I feel I can balance the two media platforms..(oh listen to me you would think I knew what I was talking about) and share some perhaps more considered musings, as opposed to the "look at me, look at me" action in that other arena.


 I bought a cutting machine recently. I was in a mad state of mind as I has recently firmed up my semi retirement date.....oh joy of joys. I am leaving a job of 12 years to have a well earned break, travel and then try to work out what direction life takes me.
Anyway I felt that with said cutting machine (that I could afford now but not later) I would be able to whizz up many quick quilts to perhaps sell or just make to save my sanity.....I mean what to do when work no longer fills your mind. And before you all roll your eyes, I know exactly how days are filled! I fell for that trap when I first had a child, I mean I was going to have SO MUCH FREE TIME, I could bake bread, make biscuits, spin wool, weave cloth and sew a wardrobe, I mean I said to myself what does one do with a small child at home ALL DAY.  Lesson well and truly learned.

Cutting machine bought and tested, yet to go into full production but has proved useful so far.

 So I will continue on the flower theme. These are from my garden, they are simple sweet roses.

 The plate something I picked up at an op shop (thrift store) and also loved its sweet simple art. In fact I have a thing for plates as I see them as art. I have a wall full of plates displayed but cannot resist buying more. One day I may live in a house lined with plates.

 So then I started trying to capture the full beauty of the rose. I am always drawn to the macro world in photography










Its a challenge to get the light and composition just right.

 A more complex and no less stunning rose


Would you believe these two roses come from the same plant? It starts off as a simple flower and then develops a ruffled overblown bloom.
Another plate and another flower.

This is from my gone to seed parsley plant. I cannot seem to stop the flowers forming in the heat of summer so I have just let it go for now.

 They are quite delicate as you draw closer. Hmm are they ants in there?
 Yes, they are ants!  I have a great macro lens and I am not afraid to use it. And for Christmas I received a tripod so now I can hold a steady shot.
 Not a flower, not a rose but who said succulents didn't have a charm all of their own. Not me.

Its been nice to catch up......and if you want to catch me on Instagram...I am susanc269. 
Till we meet again......dont know where.....dont know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny daaaaaaaayyyyy

4 comments:

  1. I'm telling you....separated at birth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! It's great to see you in blogland!! And I've so enjoyed this post, awesome photos of plates and flowers, they're music to my eyes. I'd forgotten that Back to the Future ventured to 2015. that seemed sooo way into the future. Have fun with your cutting machine, making pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year Susan! (I'm not too late saying that am I? We're still in the first couple of weeks of the year.)

    A lovely idea for a post, lots of pretty florals. Love your macro lens shots. See you just can't get that flow of fun dialogue or quality images in instagram, but I may just be saying that because I'm a sad woman with a prehistoric phone devoid of instagram so can't join in with the fun and games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flower and macro shots! I love discovering unexpected visitors when stopping to take a photo.

    Love your header photo, did you create him? He is lovely.

    ReplyDelete